Come experience quintessential Vermont on this fiber, farm, and food adventure with local fiber guides, Amanda and Peggy, sheep farmers and co-owners of Junction Fiber Mill.
We deeply love our little corner of Vermont, and we know it well. We have designed these weekend retreats to share what we love about this place with you. These retreats are for the fiber enthusiast who wants to deepen their understanding of where their yarn comes from, from sheep to skein, while experiencing quintessential Vermont. We promise to make every moment special.
We're excited to offer two retreat weekends for 2023.
Each retreat includes:
- Room & board
- All meals
- Exclusive hands-on tour of Junction Fiber Mill led by us, the owners. You’ll learn how yarn is made from raw fleece to finished skein, hear what it’s like to run a fiber mill, touch and feel a wide variety of fleeces and learn about the unique characteristics of breed-specific yarn. Shop our collection of breed-specific and hand-dyed yarns.
- Hands-on tour of Savage Hart Farm by owners, Peggy and Todd. Meet their flock of Corriedale sheep and lambs, feel their amazing fiber and learn the ins and outs of running a sheep farm. Enjoy 270 degree views from their hilltop farm.
- Locally-sourced picnic lunch with a view at Savage Hart Farm.
- Three-course dinner + wine pairing at renowned farm-to-table restaurant, Cloudland Farm in pastoral Pomfret, VT.
- Two nights stay at The Norwich Inn, a historic Victorian in a quaint town with a big porch and generous common spaces to cozy up with your knitting project.
- Welcome Prosecco toast Friday night.
- A visit to the Norwich Farmers Market with live music and over 50 vendors offering fresh local food, maple syrup, artisan goods and more.
- Optional activities: Explore hip & bustling White River Junction, visit popular King Arthur Baking Company cafe & shop, go for a hike and enjoy the foliage.
Transportation is not included.
Space is limited to 12 guests. To reserve your space, select the date you'd like below and checkout with your deposit.
Note: For the safety of participants and staff, all attendees must be fully vaccinated by at least two weeks prior to the first day of the retreat. Masks are optional.
An advance deposit of $250 is required to reserve your space on this retreat. All deposits are non-refundable. Remaining payments are due in the weeks before the retreat as specified on the individual retreat page. For cancellation requests submitted with more than 45 days of retreat date: 100% of total amount (less deposit) will be refunded. For cancellation requests submitted within 45 days of retreat date, 50% of total amount (less deposit) will be refunded. For cancellation requests within 14 days of the retreat: sorry but no refunds given, no exceptions. Nobody books a retreat with the intention of canceling it, but unexpected events do occur, so please consider purchasing travel insurance. Exceptions cannot be made for any reason, including weather, injury/illness, or personal emergencies. No refunds or credits will be granted for failure to attend, complete or for arriving late or leaving early. Questions? E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.